After a month off, we came back in May with an incredible event titled “Creating and Propelling a Fast-Growing Company” with Vin Marc Cenedella and Vin Vacanti.
Founder/CEO of TheLadders.com ($100 million revenue company in 7 years) (Marc’s bio)
Co-Founder/CEO of Yipit (leading aggregator of daily-deal sites (e.g. Groupon) – harnessing red-hot growth) (Vin’s bio)
Top 7 Best Practices
- Learn how to develop so that you have technical prowess to get product out fast and iterate.
- Celebrate what’s important. It helps crystalize the bottom line in employees’ minds.
- Talk to customers whenever possible. Learn their pain points.
- Learn how to conduct meetings well. Focus on topic. Define length of time.
- Vanity metrics are meaningless. Focus on active users.
- Perfectionism and entrepreneurship do not mix.
- Get your product out fast, even if it’s imperfect.
- Learn how to level and communicate with non-entrepreneurial people/employees.