This fall we brought back the popular Best Practices series with “Zero to Millions.” Scott Kurnit and Danny Wen sat down with us to discuss their stories and best practices.
- Founded Harvest, which he bootstrapped to millions in revenue, servicing thousands of companies in over 100 countries.
- Recently featured on the Bootstrapped to Millions panel at SXSW, and interviewed on Andrew Warner’s Mixergy.
- Founded Iridesco, a NYC-based web design company that has spawned Harvest, Co-op, and Hear,Hear (Danny’s bio)
- Founded and served as chairman and CEO of About.com, which grew to a $1.7 billion valuation, and was eventually acquired by The New York Times Co.
- Employed directly or through joint ventures, Scott has worked at the highest levels of Warner, Viacom, News Corp, PBS, IBM, and MCI.
- Currently Founder and CEO of AdKeeper – which was recently featured in The New York Times, WSJ, and Forbes (Scott’s bio)
Top 5 Best Practices
- Create a predetermined culture.
- Have a mission.
- Know your milestones.
- Be adaptive and adoptive.
- Encourage pushback to avoid wasting time.